Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 cally

Chocolate covered marshmallow
from Ikea
 April 25th was the grand opening of the new IKEA store in Richmond. That day, Ikea gave out a range of prizes from hot dog vouchers to gift cards of values up to $250 to the first 1000 people in line. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend their grand opening day, but I visited their new store last weekend. It is located next to the old store and upon entering the new one, I was surprised that I was greeted with food sampling! So while you're shopping for furniture, home decorations, and storage ideas, you can do some grocery shopping too thanks to IkeaFood.

I've always loved going to Ikea as it gives me inspiration to rearrange my room in a better way as well as innovative ideas for storage. I actually really like looking at the different show rooms, similar to how I like touring my friends' houses. The new Ikea is definitely bigger, with more show rooms and a bigger restaurant too.

One thing I especially notice during this visit is shown in the picture below. You can take all your light bulbs and batteries for recycling at Ikea. I've always wanted to recycle my dead batteries as they are classified as hazardous waste, but I did not know where to recycle them. So while you're shopping for new items for your home, you can also clear out old light bulbs and batteries.
Later that day, I met with my friends and they had a bar of giant Toblerone. I had to use a real hammer to get a piece. Sugar overload that day!

Giant Toblerone

0 comments:

Post a Comment