Saturday, June 02, 2012

Saturday, June 02, 2012 cally
Europeans Breads Bakery has many retailers, but only 2 cafes and I visited the one on Fraser Street (4324 Fraser St.). This bakery values artisan baking and everything is made by hand. Upon entering the shop, I could sense the comfortable environment where people can sit down for some pastries and coffee. 

Napoleon cakes, poppy seed slice, light rye bread
I got a slice of poppy seed roll ($3), 2 napoleon cakes ($2 each), and light rye bread (~$5). The poppy seed roll was rich in poppy seeds, but overall, I found it too sweet. The cake was also quite heavy and not the usual soft angel cakes that I like. However, it may go great with tea if you are a fan of that type of cakes.

As this is an authentic European bakery, I had high expectations for the Napoleon. I love Napoleon cakes, but I've only tried them from Chinese bakeries. Unfortunately, the Napoleon cake from this bakery was a disappointment. It did not taste like the ones I've had before and it did not taste good. It really makes me wonder how Napoleons cakes from France would taste like.
Finally, I did really like the light rye bread. I felt like it was great for its price, as compared to the other items that I bought. The bread was soft and fresh, great for sandwiches! I would go back for the bread but probably not their pastries as they're not really my cup of tea.
Napoleon and poppy seed slice
Napoleon cake                                  
European Breads Bakery on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment