Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 cally
Yyoga Flow Wellness (888 Burrard Street)
My very first experience at YYoga was a hot yoga class in 2010 when Yyoga gave out complimentary cards during the Vancouver Olympics. Soon enough, I fell in love with hot yoga and YYoga. I have been to almost all of their locations (total of 8) and my favourite one is Flow Wellness (888 Burrard Street), their largest and first location. In my opinion, it is also the nicest and newest-kept location. However, regardless of location, all the staff and instructors that I've interacted with, are extremely nice. 
Lounge
Lounge with snacks for purchase and complimentary tea
YYoga offers a variety of classes such as power yoga, pilates, hatha yoga, etc. I've tried most of their classes and personally, I love hot yoga. Hot yoga is done in a room that is heated at a temperature of ~40ยบC and the instructor brings you through a series of poses. I always feel very refreshed, detoxified, and a bit more flexible after class. I really like yoga in that you work at your own pace and you can always do better; there's always room for improvement. Each pose is meaningful and adds different benefits to our bodies. I feel like the poses are essential as may be in a certain position (ie. sitting) for most of the day and hence, other muscles in our bodies aren't used. I think yoga has improved my balance, my posture, and my overall health and mind.

YYoga also has nice shower and change room equipped with lockers. They also provide you with shampoo, conditioner, soap, hair spray, lotion, and blow dryers, which makes it very convenient.

If it is your first time trying hot yoga, be sure to drink plenty of water beforehand and avoid having a heavy meal.  You can drop-in to any of their classes, but I'd suggest getting a membership as it is a much better deal than drop-ins. You can also rent their mats and towels.
Mat, towel, mat towel, and membership card
When I'm on my mat practicing yoga, I'm able to take my mind off unnecessary troubles. And when I get off my mat, I feel refreshed and recharged. Not only do I feel physically better, but mentally stronger too because the teachers and students inspire me every time. The feeling of being able to use and build muscles that are often neglected, is unbelievably wonderful. I've also been to a few other yoga centers, but I have to say YYoga is still my favourite. I love yoga and I love YYoga!

0 comments:

Post a Comment