Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday, July 21, 2014 cally
Every time I pass by Sushi California, whether it's 12pm, 4pm or 7pm, it's always packed. Hence, I just had to see what it was all about as I knew the previous restaurant at this same location had very little business since that area has many restaurants already. 

I went right when they opened and so we were seated quickly. Upon skimming through their menu, I already noticed why it may be so popular - their prices are very reasonable. I decided to get the Crunch House Roll and the Box Sushi. 

Crunch House Roll consisted of crab meat, avocado, tuna, salmon, wrapped and deep fried $4.50
Box Sushi had smoked salmon, shrimp, scallop, avocado and sliced lemon $4.95
Crunch House Roll and Box Sushi
The Crunch House roll was definitely phenomenal. Everything tastes better when deep friend. Outside was nice and crunch, while inside was filled with soft yummy crab meat.

The Box Sushi may look nice with the slice of lemon, but I didn't want to eat the peel so I had to take that off one by one. There was also very barely noticeable scallop. This is the first ever box sushi I've had and while I do agree that the presentation looks very nice, the chunk of rice is proportionally too much, as shown below.
Crunch House Roll and Box Sushi
Yes, there's a small bit of avocado in the middle of the rice (it's not wasabi).

Box Sushi


Crunch house roll  
Add caption
The Assorted Sashimi platter was beautifully presented.

Assorted Sashimi $14.95
Takoyaki is great for sharing as an appetizer, but I felt like these takoyaki here are small.

Takoyaki $3.95
By the time when we were done and on our way out, the restaurant was already full and had people waiting for seats! 
For such unique and creative rolls at super reasonable prices, I'd definitely come back here. Not to mention that it's super convenient and transit-friendly! However, I do not recommend this place if you're looking for a long chat with a friend or date, because they'll have people waiting for your seats. Nevertheless, you could go across the street to Marulilu Cafe or across Cambie street to Moii Cafe to carry on the conversation!

Sushi California Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment