Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 cally
For those who are just amazed by science, want to be amazed by science, or simply enjoy free admissions, mark your calendars! Science World, now known as "Telus World of Science" will be free for everyone on Saturday, Dec.17th, 2011. (I prefer just calling it Science World as I have always known it as that since I was young...)

Growing up in Vancouver and having been involved with science in various ways, I have been to Science World many times. I believe my last time there was on a class trip 4 or 5 years ago and it was Body World's. Currently, the focus/theme in Science World is dinosaurs.
Vancouver Science World
Photo by quint (flickr cc)

In my opinion, Science World is one of the structures that makes Vancouver beautiful. As a kid, whenever I pass by it in the car, I would not help myself but stare at the beautiful geodesic dome, or "ball" as I used to call it.



I've always enjoyed my visits to Science World whether it was with friends or family. Currently, general admission for an adult is $23.50, a senior/youth is 19.75, and a child (3-12) is $16.75. So I'll suggest that you take advantage of this wonderful event for a family day event!

"Science World Free Day" is made possible by The James Dyson Foundation as well as supported by Encana Corporation. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment