Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday, March 23, 2012 cally
One of my favourite desserts is crepe and Bonne Crepe is absolutely my favourite place for crepes in Vancouver. Located in downtown on Robson Street (and Bute St.), it is a part of the Konbiniya Japan Centre, a Japanese market with lots of authentic goodies, such as pocky, mochi, and bento boxes. You can order from the street window that they have or inside the store.

Bonne Crepe offers Japanese-styled crepes, which are different from French crepes. One thing you might notice right away is that Japanese-styled crepes are much chewier while the French crepes are crispier. Also, while the usual way of eating a French crepe is with knives and forks on a plate, Japanese crepes are usually eaten just handheld.



Bonne Crepe has a wide variety of crepes with prices ranging from ~$3 - $5, less costly than French crepes in Vancouver. The crepes are made fresh in front of you within a couple of minutes. My all-time favourites are the green tea icecream with red bean and fresh whipping cream and any of the cheesecake crepes. I'm a big fan of green tea and matcha and the green tea ice-cream in this crepe was absolutely the I've ever had. They also offer soft serve matcha ice-cream cone, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet as everytime, I'd choose the crepes instead. You cannot go wrong with any of the cheesecake crepes - there's a whole slice of cheesecake inside the crepe. In fact, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the sweet crepes, but I'm not too fond of the savoury crepes.
Strawberry cheesecake crepe
Green tea ice-cream with red bean crepe

Bon Crepe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment