Monday, March 05, 2012

Monday, March 05, 2012 cally
The Sandbar is one of the 4 restaurants under the Sequoia Company with the others being The Teahouse (Stanley Park), Seasons in the Park (Queen Elizabeth Park), and Cardero's (Coal Harbour). As you can probably imagine, each restaurant is located in a significant setting of Vancouver and hence each has a unique scenery.

Homemade Clam Chowder
bowl (top), cup (bottom)
I was absolutely blown away by the view of False Creek and the Vancouver skyline when seated and I cannot imagine how awfully nice it'd be to sit on the patio on a summer night. This was my first time visiting The Sandbar, known for its fresh local seafood. To start off, I had their Clam Chowder ($4.50 for the cup or $8 for the bowl), both shown in the picture.
Pan Seared Scallops
with jasmine rice and baby broccoli
It was the thickest clam chowder I've ever had and it had a lot of ingredients in it. For the main dish, I had the Pan Seared Scallops, which was about $20.
This dish came with rice as well as one of my favourite veggies, baby broccoli! I was satisfied with this dish, but more rice would have done the trick as the sauce was very yummy and because I'm Chinese, the rice was on the plate was about 1/4 rice of what I usually have!

I would love to visit the other Sequoia restaurants though I have been to Seasons in the Park a long time ago for afternoon tea. (I remember that their scones were extremely tasty.) Out of curiosity, which one would you want to visit?

The Sandbar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment