Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday, April 26, 2012 cally
Ajisai, known for its fresh and authentic sushi, is located in Kerrisdale and may be better known as 'the sushi place behind London Drugs.
Special assorted sushi: red tuna, salmon, hamachi, 
toro, unagi, amaebi, unichopped 
scallop, tekka maki ~$20

My friends and I arrived at the restaurant half an hour before its closing time and we were afraid that we won't be able to finish the food we were planning to order. To our surprise, the people there were all very friendly and welcoming. In fact, the waitress kept on refilling our green tea even though they were closed. (I love green tea!) While they were wrapping up and cleaning the restaurant, they let us stay to eat, chat, and continue drinking green tea. Great service!

If you come here, you must get some sashimi as its all very fresh. Just look at the colour of the salmon - very appetizing.They have a bunch of combos, but unfortunately none of them were 100% for me as I don't eat certain fish or raw things. I still ended up getting combo A even though I don't eat raw tuna and I'm not a fan of the BC roll as I don't like fish skin. The sashimi salad had slices of fresh sashimi, corn flakes, shrimp, and all kinds of different greens and alfafa sprouts (yum!). As you can see, the special assorted sushi comes with a variety of sushi and is a great one if you eat all kinds of raw fishes.

Combo A: California roll, BC roll, 1/2 tuna roll,
1/2 salmon roll $9.50

Sashimi salad
I also think they have a great menu for lunch combos at reasonable prices for their quality so definitely worth it. The friendliness and the quality and freshness of their food is what appeals most to me. But be ready to wait for a table!


Ajisai Japanese Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment