Monday, April 09, 2012

Monday, April 09, 2012 cally
In the Cup serves Korean food and they opened last month in the basement of the Student Union Building (SUB) of UBC, replacing the Mediterranean place. I've seen long line-ups at this place already and seems like they are doing pretty well. That isn't surprising as the SUB has a range of Japanese, Chinese, Italian (pasta), and Western food, but Korean. Before In the Cup opened, the only place on campus for Korean food would be at the village, which is not as convenient or fast to go to. 

Tteokbokki (in the cup) $3
Tteokbokki 떡볶이 (or dotpoki as I'd like to say) is basically rice cakes in special sauce that is hot and spicy. I fell in love with tteokbokki the first time I tried it. I think I really like chewy things. In the Cup sells tteokbokki for $3 in a cup or $5 in a bowl. I got cup-sized and I realized how convenient it was to travel (and eat) with it. The rice cakes were absolutely one of the bests I've ever had. They were warm, tender, and chewy - just the way I like it.



tteokbokki in a cup

Whether I'm working or studying at UBC for hours, I always find myself wanting to eat something even though I'm not hungry. Its that moment where you can't concentrate on your work and you don't want vending machine chips or granola bars, but just something warm and satisfying. And tteokbokki in a cup definitely met all those criteria in addition to fitting with my student wallet.

In the Cup also sells a range of rice bowls (bibimbap, chicken, bulgogi) for 6 or 7 dollars. Must try it for lunch next time! 
In The Cup on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment