Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday, January 28, 2013 cally
Deer Garden is a HK style cafe, currently with 2 locations in Richmond and 1 in Vancouver. My friends and I visited the one in Vancouver on Fraser Street at around 3pm and they were packed! I believe they're known for their fish soup noodles; there was a whole menu for customizing your own soup noodles in which you got to choose your soup base, type of noodles, toppings, etc. I wasn't feeling like noodles in soup so I turned to the other menus that they offered. 

Apparently they have special "mini" menus between 3pm to 6pm and from 9pm onwards so no wonder they were packed! I got the teriyaki unagi with egg on rice from their mini set meals. 
Teriyaki unagi with egg on rice $6.75
Teriyaki ungai with egg on rice
Even though it is in the "mini set" menu, I felt the portion was just right for me and the price is very reasonable. As you can see in the picture, the egg is just the way I like it. When the egg
is not fully cooked, I can mix it with the rice and it is absolutely the way I like it the most. The egg was yummy and went well with the teriyaki sauce and onions that came along with it. This also came with a drink and I got the lemon tea. I thought it was slightly weird that it came in this kind of cup as it was hot. For each table, there's also a drawer with utensils, so you don't have to call the waiter/waitress everytime you need something. First time here, first dish I've tried, and I think I just fell in love with it. Next time, I definitely want to try their fish noodle soups... but I also want this teriyaki unagi with egg again.
HK style hot lemon tea


Deer Garden Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment