Saturday, February 02, 2013

Saturday, February 02, 2013 cally
When a baby turns one month old, it is a pretty big deal in my culture. They can finally be brought out to be formally introduced to extended family and relatives at a banquet celebration In one of my previous posts, I mentioned about my cousin's new baby and the celebration we already had, but today was a much larger one. 

I feel like Kirin Seafood Restaurant has been constantly winning awards these past few years. I've been here for both dim sum and dinner and they don't fail to impress me with their high-end customer service, seafood, and of course, prices. I've only come here with my family and when I eat out with my family, I struggle to take good pictures. I wonder if other food bloggers have faced troubles like this.  It's difficult to stop everyone from indulging into a dish when it is placed down just so I can take a picture and I hate to be a pain. Plus, my family is especially fast at getting the food and even serving it to each other. 
Kirin Seafood Restaurant
Tables were nicely set up (lucky red pockets are from my aunt). Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the main dishes. This was like a 10(?) course dinner and each dish came out pretty slow today, so I was there for well over 3 hours. Also, they like to change our plates basically after each dish. I understand that they're trying to give good service, but is it really necessary and environmentally friendly? I tried to tell them I didn't want a new one, but they're pretty good at their job. Now, let me introduce you to my favourite Chinese dessert!
Baked tapioca pudding with crust 
I was super stuffed, but I just couldn't resist the temptation and had a bowl of this yummy (and filling) dessert. I've had this dessert at many other Chinese restaurants and loved it just as much. Kirin's baked tapioca pudding is unique though because it is especially orange and I think that may be because they put in salted egg yolks, but I'm not sure. Also, usually there's red bean paste in the middle but Kirin's had lotus paste, I believe.
Baked tapioca pudding with crush and lotus paste
If you've never tried this dessert, it is a must! It's probably very high in calories due to the pineapple crust on the top, but I'd spend more time running just for this. 



Kirin Seafood Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment