Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday, April 20, 2013 cally
Our Earth is such a beautiful place that lets us breathe and live. We should really take care of it, protect it, and love it, so our future generations can enjoy what we're having. Ok, I won't try to sound smart or philosophical (because I ain't), but Earth Day is just around the corner - on April 22nd! 

Earth Day should not be the only day where recycle unwanted paper, pick up litter, bring reusable bags for groceries, or take transit. These should be incorporated into our lifestyles and become habits. Earth Day is a reminder for us to stop hurting our planet (or to a lesser extent). This year, I pledge to avoid buying products that are ridiculously or individually wrapped. I hope you'll all take an extra step and change one thing, such as carrying a mug so that less garbage is produced. Think about it - Starbucks is constantly packed with line-ups, how many cups from Starbucks alone, go into the garbage cans each day?

In fact, if you carry your mug around on Apr. 22nd, you can get rewarded with free Starbucks coffee or tea AND/OR DavidsTea!
The tea selection at DavidsTea is so huge that I am looking forward to seeing what their tea of the day will be for Earth Day! Not long ago, Starbucks came out with a new Starbucks Card that's made out of wood. Yay to less plastic!

 I recently 'liked' DavidsTea on Facebook and noticed that I really like their photography. I am no photographer myself at all, but I managed to take some photos on-the-go today. 

So on Monday, besides making a pledge, remember to take a moment to enjoy what Earth has to offer as well! :)
Picture from DavidsTea newsletter
Picture from DavidsTea Facebook Page

Blue skies, green grass, flowers, and... the Canada Line!
And this is my photography
Better? :)
Read last year's post here. That reminds me - it has been well over a year since I've started this blog! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment