Saturday, April 06, 2013

Saturday, April 06, 2013 cally
Pajo's Fish & Chips
One of my mom's fondest memories during her early days in Canada is having fish and chips. Apparently that's the only thing she had no problem ordering. Fish and chips - easy to pronounce and simple to the point.


Pajo's Fish & Chips has 4 locations and I went to the one at Fisherman's Wharf, the best location in my opinion. Why? Because it's their very first location (original location is always better!) and near the water on the dockside wharf!

Steveston Fisherman's Wharf is absolutely a stunning place even on a not-so sunny day, like today. It's very easy to commute to too. I just took the 401 bus from Richmond Centre and in about 20 minutes, bam, I'm there! Yay for transit! Yay for the dockside,  beautiful views, fish boats, and fresh seafood!

Steveston Fisherman's Wharf
They are actually floating on the water! (Oops, caught my sleeve on camera... need to work on taking better pictures!)
Pajo's Fish & Chips - Need to work on my photography skills!
Since today was one of those look-like-it's-going-to-rain days, Pajo's was not at all busy. There were 4 or 5 people working and had already saw me as I was making my way down the boardwalk. I felt like a celebrity.

I ordered the small halibut with fries and it took a bit over 5 minutes for it to be made. As I was waiting, I was wondering about the purpose of all the holes in the table. Perhaps for cups? By the way, it's a very nice eating area on the waters looking out to a beautiful view.
Pajo's eating area on the water!
The fish and chips were served in a cone with 3 pieces of halibut on the top and tartar sauce on the side.  Ah, so that's what the holes are for! So smart!
Halibut fish and chips with tartar sauce
The fish was in nice meaty pieces with a thin layer of batter. Remember to have it while it's fresh! It'll taste 100X better as compared to soggy fries. But yes, it was all super oily. I would have also preferred if they taken off the skin of the potatoes so there wouldn't be black/burnt spots in the fries.
Halibut fish on chips
I would love to have fish and chips here again. I can't imagine how great it'll be on a sunny, hot day. That way, I'd be able to go biking around the area while working off some of the calories from the oily fries. And since my birthday is around the corner....

Pajo's currently offers a free birthday meal on your birthday and for the winter babies! If your birthday is between Nov. 1st and Feb. 15th, then you can redeem the birthday coupon on your birthday day in April, May, or June. If you're not a winter baby, you can still redeem the coupon on the day of your birthday!

Details and coupon:


Pajo's Fish & Chips Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment