Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday, June 17, 2013 cally
I often refer to restaurants by their location rather than their names. Sometimes it's because I can't read the Chinese name, difficult to pronounce, or simply just difficult to remember. Gold Train Express II is one of them. Actually, the front of the restaurant looks like this... (picture below) so their name is hard to identify from the noise if you're just walking pass. 
In fact, they abbreviated it to "GT Express II". But why would you not just refer to this place as "the beef noodle soup place" at the Sasamat stop of the B-line? It's super convenient as the B-line stops right infront of it (if you're coming from UBC. I've been here a few times for a quick and satisfying dinner as a studying break too. And you guessed it, it won't hurt your wallet either. What more can a student ask for?! 

Weird, I never noticed these TVs with different channels on them before. I seem to be noticing more things about a restaurant since I've started this blog and when I'm taking more pictures. 
Interior of Gold Train Express II
To start, we got some Vietnamese spring rolls. Very yummy, but a tad too greasy. 
Vietnamese spring rolls
Soon enough, we given the usual bean sprouts, lime, basil, and jalapeno for our beef noodle soup.
bean sprouts, lime, basil, and jalapeno (not pictured)
I got a small bowl #9 Pho Tai Chin, rare steak and well-done beef in rice noodle soup. When my pho comes, I like to put the rare beef and some bean sprouts in the soup under the noodles just to cook it a bit.
Rare steak and well-done beef rice noodle soup
The rice noodle soup was perfect and satisfying. It wasn't a large portion as I got small, but it's a great size for a snack. It's also at an affordable price and an extra large one is only $2 more too. However, one thing I've noticed about pho restaurants: they don't seem to be that clean. I didn't find anything in their food that's inedible, but the interior of the restaurant can definitely be tidied up. I think I would appreciate it more and then perhaps I'll also be less doubtful of the food hygiene.

A peek into their Menu (click to enlarge):



Gold Train Express II on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment