Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday, May 19, 2013 cally
I had a work dinner at One More Sushi, located at the village of UBC's campus. I wouldn't say the restaurant is small, but my workplace had the entire restaurant booked so there wasn't anybody there who wasn't with us. 

Here, I got the bento box. Bento boxes are one of my favourite items to order because you get a bit of everything. 
Bento Box B with teriyaki beef, tempura, California roll, salad and oranges
Tempura from Bento Box B
Teriyaki beef

Salad
Rice is a huge part in the Japanese culture, even in their alcoholic beverages. Fermented rice is what's used to make sake. The sake was served warm. It was nice to try the sake, but not a fan of it.
Sake
While the California rolls and teriyaki beef with rice in the bento box was delicious, it was typical and mediocre. However, the green tea ice-cream amazed me. Usually I hesitate to get green tea ice-cream because I find that it's not like vanilla or chocolate ice-cream where it tastes good regardless of where it's from. With green tea ice-cream, I've had ones where I did not want more than a spoonful. I figured that since I was in a Japanese restaurant, I'd give the green tea ice-cream a try. This one was absolutely delicious and I wanted seconds.
Green tea ice-cream
Though there are a handful of places for sushi on campus, One More Sushi is a convenient and affordable restaurant for students who are looking to dine-out on campus.
One More Sushi on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment