Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 cally

My friends, who are auditioning, invited me to round 2 auditions taping. I asked one of my friends to come with me as I believed that he'd enjoy it. However, I wasn't entirely sure because the producers had requested everyone to stay for the entire 3-hour taping.

When I arrived at The Centre, where the show was held, there was quite a long (but fast) line-up outside for first come, first served tickets. Inside the lobby, everyone was hyped up, creating a nervous but exciting atmosphere. Tim Hortons, one of the sponsors, provided cheering signs for us to customize in which I made one for my friends.

The judges were Martin Short, Measha Brueggergosman (was wondering how her last name was spelt), and Stephan Moccio. I'm not going into the details of the showcases as that would ruin the surprise, but some took my breath away, some were very entertaining, and some were just fun to watch. (So that gives you some idea!) Since this was a taping, there was a (very long) wait between each audition. During this time, the stage was swept and the judges' make up was touched up, which I was actually quite surprised to see that it was done so often. After a complimentary coffee from Tim Hortons during the intermission, I was re-energized for the last several showcases. However, I did realized that I was cheering with my sign upside down for awhile. I hope it wasn't caught on on video!

We were only allowed to take pictures before the show started, 
so I only have a picture of the stage.


The show lasted a bit over 3 hours and surprisingly, my friend enjoyed it throughout. Besides the judges' extremely loud buzzers and the long waits, I really enjoyed the show too. Outside, we saw the line-up for the next 3-hour show and my friend asked if I wanted to go. I couldn't figure out if he was joking or not, but as fun as it would be, I was too tired. Kudos to the judges and everyone else who stayed for the entire thing! Best of luck to the participants!

Remember to keep an eye out for Canada's Got Talent, which will be aired in March 2012 on CityTV!

0 comments:

Post a Comment