Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 cally
Picture from: celebgossip.com
It's December and time to get into Christmas spirit, if you haven't done so already. A great way is to watch Christmas movies (with the family). I watched A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (HK3D) about two weeks ago, even though it was early for a Xmas movie. (Why did it come out so early?) This is the 3rd movie in this naughty comedy series, but I haven't seen the first 2, so I won't be able to compare. Now that I've seen the 3rd one, I would like to see the first 2!

I liked the storyline: it follows two best friends, Harold (John Cho) and Kumar (Kal Penn), rebuilding a their friendship on Christmas Eve. For many years, they have grown apart and basically living their own lives. Kumar still doing drugs and getting high half of the time while Harold tries to impress his father-in-law. However, through some unexpected events, Harold's Christmas tree, specially grown by his father-in-law, burns and hence, Harold and Kumar goes on an adventure to find an almost identical tree.


There were many jokes and funny scenes and most of them are inappropriate (for children). Yes, it is rated R. Personally, I do not watch very many of these types of movies. Hence, the jokes and some of the dialogue was quite shocking to me.
Picture from: hollywoodreporter.com
This is one of my favourite scenes as it brings the two best friends together, physically and figuratively speaking. Also turned into a funny scene though.

One thing I really liked about this Warner Bros. film is that it really includes a sense of Christmas spirit in it. They have successfully accomplished that by having different Christmas elements, whether it be true or not.

HK3D is great to watch with friend and in my opinion, especially guy friends. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog loading?
    I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

    Also visit my blog post; catering austin texas

    ReplyDelete