Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday, May 16, 2013 cally
City 1 Cafe is located in the King Edward Safeway Square and can be easily missed. This place have never really caught my eye so I'm so glad my friend suggested to eat here. Yes, I'm trying to be more observant now. Their menu is simple and their specialty seemed to be the Hainanese chicken as their menu features these: few pieces of chicken with a bowl of rice, half a chicken with 3 bowls of rice, or a whole chicken with 5 bowls of rice. I couldn't make up my mind whether to try the Hainanese chicken or the laksa noodle soup, but I ended up ordering the noodle soup and decided to try the Hainanese chicken next time with a larger group.
Laksa noodle soup
I was happy to see that the laksa noodle soup came with two pieces of Hainanese chicken as well as fried tofu, fish cake, and some parsley. It was very flavourful and of course, a little spicy. The boneless Hainanese chicken was extremely tender and I definitely wanted more.

I will definitely come back here for their Hainanese chicken!
City 1 Cafe on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment