Sunday, May 05, 2013

Sunday, May 05, 2013 cally
A white smile is much more pleasant to look at than a yellow-ish smile. There are many causes of yellow teeth such as staining from drinking coffee/tea, medications, aging, presence of plaque, and of course, genetics. I'd like to think my yellowish teeth are due to genetics, and unfortunately not something I can change. However, there are so many products on the market these days for "whitening" teeth that it's not a hopeless cause anymore. I was thrilled to be selected to do a product review for Crest 3D White (Glamorous White) multi-care whitening oral rinse and toothpaste, as well as Oral-B 3D White Vivid toothbrush.
Crest 3D White (Glamorous White) multi-care whitening oral rinse & toothpaste
+ Oral-B 3D White Vivid toothbrush

Oral-B White Vivid Toothbrush - Tongue cleaner
This toothbrush is great for brushing and cleaning but for whitening? I'm not too sure. I don't think it does anything extraordinary as compared to other toothbrushes nor does it "polish" the teeth. I don't see or feel any "polishing" effects though I have only been using this for a week.


The bristles are soft and gentle for the gums and the longer ones at the top do a good job of cleaning to hard-to-reach areas. I also love the tongue cleaner on the back is great as it leaves my tongue feeling cleaned and fresh and now I can't do complete my routine without a tongue cleaner! Like most toothbrushes, these ones do also have the blue bristles that will eventually fade and reminding me that it's time to change to a new toothbrush.
Oral-B 3D White Vivid toothbrush



Oral-B white vivid toothbrush + 3D White toothpaste
























The Crest 3D White (Glamorous White) toothpaste is a swirl of white and blue with blue "sand-like" dots. Some toothpaste gives me a burning sensation but this one doesn't. The flavour is "vibrant mint" and it does leave my mouth feeling fresh and minty.  I have been using it for a week now and I believe it does have some whitening effects, though  not too obvious at the moment. It does claim to "remove up to 90% of surface stains in 5 days" so if you have stains,  I would recommend giving this product a try.  I also liked how the toothpaste can stand up-right on my bathroom counter (not shown in picture).


Crest 3D White (Glamorous White) toothpaste
The Crest 3D White multi-care whitening oral rinse looks just like water. When it's in your mouth, it'll start to foam up and I like that because it feels like it's filling up your mouth and getting to areas without having to gurgle. Though it's alcohol-free, it does still have a very mild burning sensation, which is bearable for me to keep it in my mouth for 1 minute. It would be nice if they change the design of the cap so that it has a 15mL measurement mark so I can easily and conveniently use it to measure out the oral rinse.

I may be posting up before/after pictures of my teeth to show you the whitening effects. Since I used the 3 products together, I'm unable to tell which one has the most whitening effect. Though I doubt the toothbrush is a factor. I know Oral-B has other toothbrushes that are just as great for brushing and I don't think this whitening toothbrush is better than the other ones. I would recommend the toothpaste and oral rinse for those who are looking for a whiter smile though. 

Disclaimer: I was provided with the sample products. The opinions and content of this post are entirely mine based on my own experience and thoughts. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment