Friday, February 08, 2013

Friday, February 08, 2013 cally
When I found out that my friend was back in Vancouver, we spontaneously set up a meet up for Japanese food. We settled with Asa Sushi, located in the Kerrisdale community. 
Asa Sushi (I shouldn't walk and take pictures)

Dinner Box A 
My friend got Dinner Box A (assorted nigiri sushi, tempura, chicken teriyaki with rice) which came with miso soup, salad, and ebi sunomono.
Roll Combo C ($11.95)
I'm not much of a fan of miso soup nor ebi sunomono, so I settled with Combo C (Alaska roll, dynamite roll, and California roll). As I was eating this, I realized that it was quite "boring" because technically, I had 2 sets of California roll, as the Alaska roll is basically California roll with a piece of salmon on the top. I would suggest they mix up their menu a bit so there's more variety in their combos.
Asa Sushi Bar

Asa Sushi
Asa Sushi is a fairly small place, but since we went on a weekday, the service wasn't slow at all. I think this place is one of the better places for good sushi but nothing too outstanding.
__________________________________
We had a satisfied tummy, but having not seen each other for quite a while, we wanted to continue with our chats and updates. There are a lot of bubble tea places in Kerrisdale and we chose to get a drink from BBT Cafe.

Almond milk tea
They have a range of drinks - slush, fresh juice, milk tea, brewed tea, and even coffee. I went with a hot almond milk tea even though I rarely get hot drinks from a bubble tea place, except that day was especially cold. I was still in food coma from the sushi so I decided to skip the pearls. My friend got a hot milk tea with pearls so it came with a spoon for the pearls. Like most bubble tea places being cash only, this one was no exception. 
Chats over hot drinks :)
BBT Cafe
We reminisced over our last visit at BBT Cafe a long time ago with a whole group of friends and yummy food that they offer. So, we decided that the next time we meet up, we'd have to get the group to BBT Cafe for dinner for some Taiwanese food.
     Asa Sushi on UrbanspoonBBT Cafe on Urbanspoon


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finally writing about > "Asa Sushi & BBT Cafe" < Liked it!

    Take a look at my webpage ... how to become a registered
    nurse

    ReplyDelete