Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thursday, February 14, 2013 cally
On transit today, I saw so many guys and girls holding flowers and roses, and my heart felt so warm. I still remember in elementary school where we would get the class list so that we don't miss anyone when writing valentine cards! Valentine's Day is such a great day for busy people to just take a moment to express their feelings for their loved ones. Or simply a perfect excuse to have your favourite dessert! Why stress over giving gifts when we do so on so many other occasions already? Plus, I think time is the most precious gift anyone can offer. So I hope you all had some time to spend with your loved ones!

Ok, on to where my heart is - food. Have I mentioned that I love breakfast food? Well, oatmeal is just one of my favourite things to have in the morning. I like my oatmeals simple, yet yummy (ie. getting to enjoy it without having to consume extra calories). Afterall, oatmeal is supposed to be healthy! I have really learned to savour the texture and taste of oatmeal the way it is. In other words, I've grown to love it the way it is. ;);)
steel cut oats x quick oats with blueberries

Quarter cup of steel cut oats in 1.5 cups boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in quick oats if you wish until you get the thickness you love. (As you can see, I like mine thick!)
Pour in some milk for a creamier taste.
Blueberries. Enjoy. Start your morning off right.
Perfect excuse to have a valentine's day cupcake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment