Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 cally
Sushi Hachi is located right beside Orange Corner in Kerrisdale, where there are many sushi restaurants. We were actually going to go to Orange Corner, but changed our minds last minute for sushi. It wasn't very busy when we went around dinner time and we were quickly seated and served tea. As you can probably tell, I usually go for the assorted sushi combos or some obento box. Today, the Assorted Sushi Combo A sounded like what I wanted - 6 California rolls, 1 of salmon, tuna, ebi, and crab imitation sushi. Does anyone see anything unusual in the picture below?
Assorted sushi combo A $9.50

Well, I see 2 things unusual: the California rolls and the crab imitation sushi. Like, really? What I know is that California rolls usually have the imitation crab diced and mixed with some mayonnaise. Is this how they actually do it or did they just get lazy? The imitation crab sushi just looks awkward. It seems like they couldn't think of another sushi to put in this combo and just came up with that. Even tamago sushi would be slightly better.
The staff were all very friendly, smiley, and refilling our tea without having us to ask - something I really appreciate. The food is reasonably priced, but I still think they can do better in terms of quality and try to be a tad more authentic. I usually visit a place at least twice before I decide I won't go again because everyone deserves more than just one chance. However, considering that there are so many sushi places in the area, I'm not so sure. 
Sushi Hachi on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment