Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday, February 23, 2013 cally
Orange Corner has definitely changed since my last visit, which was quite a while ago. This place is a cozy, two-level Taiwanese bubble tea and crepe restaurant with two locations now! Kerrisdale was first, then another one opened in Metrotown. I've only been to the one at Kerrisdale and I remember when they first started, they had comfy couches and cute cushions for people to hang around. I believe they got rid of that stuff now (correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm not 100% sure because I sat on the second floor this time.

I got one of the taiwanese meals - eggplant. I love eggplant with rice. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Eggplants from restaurants always taste different then the ones cooked at home (because I think they fry it?). Like usual, the Taiwanese meals came with some sides dishes. This restaurant had broccoli and corn with pan-fried eggs. 
Eggplant with rice meal set
I've definitely had better eggplant than this one. Unfortunately, I do not think I'd order this again here because it wasn't what I had expected. There were too little eggplant and way too much sauce.
BBQ chicken with rice meal set
Our meal sets also came with a coffee pudding with condensed milk. Personally, I'm not a fan of coffee-flavoured desserts, so this was just O.K. A little unusual thing I noticed about this restaurant is that they took both of our cups downstairs to refill tea for us. Or maybe they give us completely new cups of teas? Either way, Orange Corner is, nevertheless, a pleasant little place great conversation/catch-ups over food, snacks, and drinks.


Orange Corner Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Surprised that Orange corner is doing well. Last time I remembered, the owner was trying to turn it into a mini bar that sells alcohols and stuff. It didn't work too well I think. The ownership must have changed since then.

    ReplyDelete