Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday, March 15, 2013 cally
Tteokbokki is my favourite Korean dish, hands down. However, I do really like Korean-Chinese fusion food too.

Book Kyung Ban Jeom is one of the Korean-Chinese restaurants in Vancouver. Though this is one of the more Korean than Chinese (food-wise and staff-wise) restaurants. After ordering, we were served with sides - yellow pickled radish and kimchi white radish
Sides
Our first dish was the sweet and sour chicken, kinda like the Chinese sweet and sour pork. The chicken was crispy and flavourful.
tangsuyuk - crispy sweet and sour chicken
One of my Korean friends told me that April 14th is known as Black Day in South Korean, in which all the single people eat jajangmyeon. Regardless of being single or not, my friends and I all went for jajangmyeon one day on April 14th, and that was the last time I visited this restaurant.

Jajangmyeon is a popular Korean-Chinese dish of buckwheat noodles covered with thick black bean sauce. The Korean version is quite different from the Chinese version. For this dish, we added a few dollars for a more noodles (instead of ordering two plates, win).
jajangmyeon
Jajangmyeon: mixing black bean sauce with the noodles
I loved the buckwheat noodles - they were chewy, just how I like noodles. The sauce wasn't too salty either and added much flavour to the noodles (but it was oilier than I would have liked). I think this restaurant is one of the very few in Vancouver that has yummy jajangmyeon. Another noodle dish that we ordered was the non-spicy seafood soup noodle. The noodles were same as the ones in jajanymyeon and just as chewy. However, I prefer jajangmyeon as the noodles were more flavourful with the black bean sauce.
Seafood noodle soup
Seafood noodle soup
This restaurant also has karaoke rooms, but I didn't want to scare away all the customers.

I would definitely come back for some sweet & sour chicken and jajangmyeon, Black Day or not!


Book-Kyung Korean Restaurant & Karaoke Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment