Sunday, March 03, 2013

Sunday, March 03, 2013 cally
I kept on seeing Oishii Sushi being featured on the voucher sites so I decided that I'll try it out as I love exploring and trying new places. I don't like to think that just because a restaurant is on daily deal sites, that they are not doing well - I've definitely bought vouchers to places where they were super busy already. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case for Oishii Sushi.

Sushi bar
Oishii Sushi is a fairly big restaurant with lots of seatings. I ordered chicken teriyaki roll and Box A (tempura, California roll, chicken teriyaki), which comes with with miso soup and ebi sunomono. Yes, you can probably tell by now that I always tend to get my favourite California roll. Well, not exactly my top favourite, but I do really like it and it can tell me a lot about the restaurant. Another thing you can probably tell by now is that I'm not so good at ordering: teriyaki chicken roll and teriyaki chicken with rice. Hm, I must have been really craving for teriyaki chicken.
Miso soup & ebi sunomono 
Chicken teriyaki roll ($4.50)
Box A: Tempura, California roll, Chicken teriyaki ($14.95)
I've definitely had better California rolls (but this one was still better than the ones at Sushi Hachi). They may seem so simple, but each restaurant has their own style. When I placed my order, I was asked whether I wanted tea and I said sure. It turns out that a small cup of green tea costs $1. I would have appreciated if the waitress told me about it first. I thought that was pretty ridiculous as Japanese restaurants usually provide complimentary green tea. This is not Chinese dim sum.

Oishii Sushi on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. wut? tea costs? lol writer is not pleased!

    ReplyDelete