Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday, March 10, 2013 cally
I'm a sucker when I see good deals on daily deal sites. That's why I try not to check them out too often, but sometimes I just can't resist because I love giving myself opportunities to try new places at good prices. It's kinda like an addiction, a good one? But I have gotten backstabbed where my vouchers expired :( Before I knew it, my voucher for Jolly's Indian Bistro was almost going to expire and so I quickly set up a date to go. We waited for almost 2 hours for a table for two. Guess I'm not the only one who's using the voucher last minute. (Thank you to my friend who waited with me - I was desperate to avoid having another unused and expired voucher.) I've tried to go for lunch and was greeted by a closed sign, unfortunately. Their hours on Google is completely wrong. They're only opened for dinner from 4:30pm - 10pm daily.                                                                                                                                                                                                                            When I stepped into the restaurant, I instantly felt the "Indian vibe" from the unique decorations - nice draping clothes used to cover the ceilings and the detailed light.
Our entrées came with naan. Oh my goodness, they was AMAZING! I loved it so much that we ordered two additional naans for $2 each. They were topped with sour cream and some spices and were super warm, fluffy, and soft. 
naan 
I ordered the hydrabadi biryani and chose chicken over lamb. This was like Indian-style fried rice. It had a mix of spices, raisins, nuts, and mint with a side of salad. I loved this dish, though the spices were a tad too much for me.
chicken hydrabadi biryani
My friend got the malabari chicken, which was boneless chicken thighs cooked in coconut sauce with onion, garlic, ginger, mustard seeds, and curry leaf.
malabari chicken
It also came with salad and basmatic rice.
salad and basmati rice
It was a super busy night and they even had to turn away some people as they were too full. Service was slow as they only had two waitresses, but they were definitely trying their best and were friendly. 

I apologize for the poor pictures as I didn't bring my camera with me (I usually don't nowadays) and the place was dimmed. 

This was my first time having an Indian meal at a restaurant. What prompted my interest was after I had dinner at my boss's home party and was first "formally" introduced to authentic Indian food. Yes, my boss is Indian. I would definitely come back here... if I see another voucher, because considering the food, it'd be kinda pricey without a voucher. Do you think I can go to this restaurant and just order naan? They're so good, definitely worth the 2 bucks. 
Jolly's Bistro on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. sign. too bad... missed my chance. so sad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean you missed your chance at getting the voucher?

      Delete