Friday, March 01, 2013

Friday, March 01, 2013 cally
I've passed by Solly's Bagelry on 7th and Yukon St. quite a few times and it always seemed busy.  I stumbled into it with my mom for an afternoon snack and realized it was actually quite big with seats available inside and outside. They also have two other locations in Vancouver.
Solly's Bagelry (7th Ave. and Yukon St.)
Inside of Solly's Bagelry

Bagel bar

Goodies from Solly's Bagelry
This sign (below) was clear and big at the window and so I knew I had to get one because my mom loves warm, gooey cinnamon buns.


Their "world famous cinnamon buns" cost $2.85 each and I got myself a chocolate babka ($2.95). Yup, this place is owned by a Jewish family.
Chocolate babka & Cinnamon buns
My mom liked the cinnamon as it was soft, warm, and gooey, but I'm not sure if she would refer to it as  the "world's best"- that's quite a title. After having a bite of both the cinnamon bun and the chocolate babka, I don't understand why the chocolate babka is 10 cents more. It's just like a chocolate bun, while the cinnamon bun was more unique.
This certainly looks a lot bigger than it actually is - it's only two bites. This Jewish pastry is called rugelach and is rolled with some sort of sweet filling.  It costs less around $1. 
Before leaving, I also got half a dozen of bagels to take home with us. The guy who was helping me was very friendly as I'm an indecisive person and they had a variety of bagels. I got poppy seed, sundried tomato, raisin, mix, multigrain, and herbs. The raisin wasn't anything special and the herbs had a unique taste.

Bagels from Solly's Bagelry


I loved their bagels. I would definitely come back and perhaps try a more exotic bagel at the bagel bar (picture above).

Solly's Bagelry on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment